Wednesday, September 04, 2002

Neanderthals in Ugly Jackets Update:

Ginger Stampley, in PR of Seabrook's comments:

If the Masters can go commercial-free and that's what Augusta need to do to maintain its exclusionary policies, the club has a legal right to do it. That doesn't make it morally right, and it doesn't make it wrong for an umbrella group of organizations to call bullshit on the club.


And Lisa English, same source:

What I do see is a bunch of GOWB down in Georgia who want the perks of a Big Time Masters, but don't feel like stepping into the new century. You know, I've no problem if they choose not to admit women. I think it's their prerogative. However, I'm pleased as punch that they'll not see the perks that ordinarily come with the gig. I'm pleased that their behavior is deemed Cro Magnun because it is.


See, that's what I've been trying to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


<< Home