Thursday, September 05, 2002

Patriotic doorway painted over by UA

Weird anti-Americanism isn't just for the North anymore! An honor society at the University of Alabama had painted the doorway at their dorm in a red-white-and-blue motif. (They had permission.) But the school wrote them two weeks ago to say that the doorway "didn't fit the architectural scheme" (and that monstrosity of a student center does? And the bizarre yellow brick building stuck in the middle of a campus full of red brick?) and sent workers to paint it over. You can't get maintenance people to repair a broken window or bad plaster in less than two weeks (believe me, I lived in a UA dorm for three years) but they got this done in a single day. Makes me glad I haven't paid my alumni dues...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


<< Home