Friday, July 19, 2002

Apparently I'm not alone in dreaming I'm in high school. (Oddly, when I was in high school, I almost never remembered my dreams.) A couple of posters have mentioned the closely related "Oh my God, I forgot I have a final" dream, another classic. I have that one too, and even though it's more of a college thing to miss a final, I'm always in high school.

When I was in college, I actually forgot I had a final until the last minute. Dead serious -- sophomore year, British Literature since 1650. I remembered at the last minute, drove to campus, found a spot, hurried to the class, knowing I was going to fail because I hadn't done any of the reading... And the professor, a positive saint even though I've forgotten his name, told us that we didn't have to take the exam and we could take the grade we already had. (This has never happened to me since.) He handed out slips with our grades, mine said "B", and I have never run so fast in my life before or since.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


<< Home